Job Title: Material Handler – 1st Shift Core Hours: 7 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Shop Superintendent, QC & Safety Manager Pay Range: $15 – $20/hour
Must be able to take direction and work in a fast-paced industrial environment, manipulating large machinery, organizing primarily metal/steel objects (5,000 -20,000 lbs) as workload requires.
Will Train as Needed
Masking & Un-masking of metal materials prior to and after painting.
Moving materials with an overhead crane (after training).
Assisting in downloading of product. (Moving from semi-trailers to wagons)
Sanding of painted and primed metal materials.
Must be able to work in the heat and the cold. This is NOT an air conditioned shop.
There is some cleaning of product.
There is some stenciling of product.
There is some minor installation on some pieces.
Other duties as assigned.
Operating Equipment – Knowledge of overhead crane, forklift, and standing “tugger” are a plus. Will train if necessary.
Teamwork – Must maintain constant contact with coworkers to assure safety, efficiency and open communication. Must be willing to shift priorities as needed to optimize productivity.
Cross training – All employees are cross trained to perform other duties, such as, but not limited to: Painting, Blasting, Quality Control, etc.
Meetings – Attend staff meetings at start of each shift with supervisors, shipping and receiving supervisor and quality control supervisor. Must actively listen and participate; sharing, as appropriate, job specific information including accomplishments, problems and safety issues.
Time Management – Must be able to track time allocated to various jobs that occur simultaneously and submit accurate time card at the end of each day. Must also cooperate as a team member assisting others as necessary to boost productivity.
Safety – Must go through training and testing for required machinery and abide by procedures for operating equipment and for conduct on the shop floor. (See also Working Conditions.)
Policies & Procedures – Must have basic understanding of Profile Finishing Systems employee handbook and know general protocol for conduct and performance expectations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must possess high school diploma or equivalent.
• Strong work ethic a must. Unexcused absences and tardiness will not be tolerated.
• General understanding of paint production warehouse or heavy industrial background is a plus.
• Excellent teamwork and communication skills required.
• CDL or experience driving semi helpful but not required.
• Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds.
• Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
• Some jobs require working at heights that exceed 20 feet.
• Will experience significant changes in room temperature during severely hot or cold weather.
• Job requires work indoors AND outdoors.
• Safety goggles, ear plugs, and steel toe boots must be worn at all times on shop floor.
• Must have hearing test performed annually.