Profile Finishing Systems, Inc. – Job Description
Job Title: Semi Driver/Material Handler/Maintenance
Core Hours: 7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: 1st Shift Supervisor, S&R Manager, Safety Manager
Pay Range: $16 – $18/hour based on experience
Flat Bed Semi Driver with Class A CDL – preferably with oversize load experience. Overtime not typical. Local Deliveries mainly within Wisconsin. Must be able to always drive in a safe manner. Conduct one self with professionalism when dealing with customers when delivering and picking up material.
This position will also be cross-trained in Material Handling and Maintenance, but available for driving as needed.
Operating Equipment – Class A CDL Driver preferably with at least 5 years of oversized hauling and flatbed experience. Will train however.
Quality Control – Must report any quality issues driver notices when loading semi. Delivery of anything but quality work is not acceptable. Driver should report to Shipping & Receiving Manager or Supervisor of touch up/rejected work before it leaves the property. Also jobs that driver feels are not properly loaded should be brought to management attention to assure that every load is loaded safe for delivery.
Set-up and Clean-up – Responsible for maintaining semi. It is the responsibility of the driver to keep the truck washed. Also keep the truck clean inside free of garbage and debris.
Teamwork – Must maintain constant contact with supervisors to assure safety, efficiency and open communication. Must be willing to shift priorities as needed to optimize efficiency. Must help with snow removal or material handling when deliveries are not needed.
Meetings – Attend staff meetings at start of each shift with 1st shift supervisors, shipping and receiving supervisor when not on morning delivery. Must actively listen and participate.
Time Management – Must be able to track time allocated to various jobs that occur simultaneously and submit accurate time card at the end of each day. Must also stay on truck routes. Drive safe and efficiently.
Safety – Must keep CDL current. Must keep driving record clean.
Policies & Procedures – Must have basic understanding of Profile Finishing Systems employee handbook and know general protocol for conduct and performance expectations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Class A CDL
• Oversized Hauling Experience
• Flatbed Experience
• Must possess high school diploma or equivalent.
• Strong work ethic is a must. Unexcused absences and tardiness will not be tolerated.
• Excellent teamwork and communication skills required.
• Fluency in both English and Spanish are an advantage.
• Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds.
• May experience significant changes in room temperatures in severely hot or cold weather.
• Safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs, and steel toe boots must be worn at all times on shop floor.
• Must be able to strap/chain own loads
• Must be able to get to work by 6:00 am for days with snow storms to help remove snow before 1st shift workers report to work.
• Must be able to help assist Maintenance and Material Handlers if no deliveries are needed.